Followers

Posted by : Kinsey Book Reviewer 8.28.2015



1) So, first, tell us about your book? ‘Rightful Owner’ is the second book in the DI Wednesday
crime series. When Wednesday and DS Jacob Lennox are called to investigate a murder in an
exclusive swingers’ club, they are immersed in a murky world of secrets and sex. Wednesday
contends with the pressures of work and her mother’s mental illness, and Lennox’s ex-wife has
him worried about the sustainability of his role as a father with his two sons.

2) What began the process for this book? Why did you have to write it? After writing ‘In the Light
of Madness’, a one-off DI Wednesday crime novel, I realized how much I’d enjoyed writing
Wednesday and Lennox, and that I didn’t want to say goodbye to them, so I decided to write a
series to spend more time in their company.

3) Did you always think you were going to be an author? Not at all! Although I was passionate
about writing whilst at High School, I had aspirations to be a policewoman, but ended up a
nurse instead.

4) What books/authors have influenced you the most? Too many to list here, but if pushed I’d
say ‘Testament of Youth’ by Vera Brittain, ‘Hotel du Lac’ by Anita Brookner, and ‘The Private
Patient’ by P.D. James

5) What is your typical day like? I work three days a week, then spend as much time as possible on
the other days writing and editing. Unfortunately, I can’t work amongst clutter and with chores
to do, so I tend to the household duties in the morning, and write from lunchtime onwards, until
the demands of the family kick-in. I can easily lose track of time once immersed in writing.

6) What do you enjoy doing when you aren't writing or promoting a current book? I love going to
pubs and watching live cover-bands play; the music’s so loud it enables me to sing along! I also
love reading a range of genres and authors.

7) Now's where you can share your social media links (blog, website, facebook, twitter, etc).
http://hemmie-writing.blogspot.co.uk/ - my blog.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hemmie-Martin-Author-Page/270022226396038 - my FB
author page.
https://twitter.com/HemmieMM - my Twitter page

Now just a bit of fun stuff:


8) People might be surprised to know I like.... boarding Guide Dogs in training. I may be house
proud, but I love having the Labradors so much, what’s a little dog hair between friends!

9) What is the last book you read? ‘Insomnia’ by Stephen King, which I found disconcerting.

10) What is the last movie you've watched? Was it at the movies or at home? ‘Edge of Tomorrow’
at the cinema.

11) If you could be any fictional character from any book, who would you be and why? I’d love to be Miss Marple for a while. Just imagine having such observational skills and intuition, not to
mention an eccentric persona. I may model myself on her in my older years.

12) What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I’d dye my hair blue.

13) Anything else you'd like to include/mention? The third DI Wednesday novel, ‘Shadows of the
Mind’, will be published in May 2015, and ‘Garlic & Gauloises’, contemporary fiction, will be
published in the summer of 2015.

Leave a Reply

Your comments are very appreciated. Replies will be left on blog & not via personal email ♥

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Book, A Beer, & A Dream - Hatsune Miku - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -