Followers

Posted by : Kinsey Book Reviewer 11.02.2014


Book Description
He's lost, trapped, doomed for all eternity... 
Rich, titled, and undead, gentleman vampyre James Maitland, Lord Kettering, fears himself doomed to a cold and lonely existence-trapped for decades in an abandoned castle. Then, beautiful Scottish witch Blaire Lindsay arrives, and things begin to heat up considerably...
Unless he can persuade her to set him free...
Feisty Blaire Lindsay laughs off the local gossip surrounding her mother's ancestral home-stories of haunting cannot scare off this battle-born witch. But when she discovers the handsome prisoner in the bowels of the castle, Blaire has no idea that she has unleashed anything more than a man who sets her heart on fire...

Product Details

  • Mass Market Paperback: 416 pages
  • Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca (March 1, 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1402245076
  • ISBN-13: 978-1402245077


Rating:


Review: James and Blaire meet under interesting circumstances {and, in the end, the whole things seems like it should have been a silly mistake based on reasoning}. This book held my interested and I couldn't wait to turn the page and see what would come next. There was the perfect amount of "problems" with a few perfect back stories coming to light. Well writeen and I found myself falling in love with the characters. It was something I wasn’t sure I would do when I picked up the book, but I had decided to give it a try anyway.

 I was so into this book until.....

**SPOILER ALERT**

....I'm sorry, I don't like when the Vampyre becomes human again. James was a vampyre for 245 years or so and suddenly has a heartbeat and can get a black  eye.

I was really disappointed as everything else in this book was great.

I'd still advice to pick it up--it's great for those who love the perfect ending (well if your idea of perfect is the way this one ends) and also a great Vampyre read until almost the end.
That leaves me with the issue of how to rate a book I loved until the last chapters. It was a 4 or 5 until the end.

Leave a Reply

Your comments are very appreciated. Replies will be left on blog & not via personal email ♥

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © A Book, A Beer, & A Dream - Hatsune Miku - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -