Followers

Posted by : Kinsey Book Reviewer 4.30.2014


Gerard’s Quest

In Bed with the Enemy Series #2

By: Evie Knight

 

 

Blurb

Gérard Laurent has spent the past five years searching for a lost family heirloom. He’s tired of all the clues leading him nowhere and just when he fears he’s run out of leads his lover’s archenemy presents him with a lead he can’t turn down.

Brokenhearted by his actions, Julianne is determined to make his life miserable any way she can. Revenge is bittersweet but she succeeds until the tables are turned. Gérard steals a kiss reawakening her feelings for him, only he still won’t apologize.

Julianne is ready to forget Gérard when a notorious art thief offers her a painting she fancies in exchange for Gérard’s amulet. It’ll be the ultimate payback if she accepts it.

Will love conquer all?

Be Warned: anal sex, sex toys


My Review:
What do you do with your brother's best friend? Well, have a secret summer fling with him, of course. But when you're together a year and still hiding it....

Julianne worries that if they tell everyone, her comfortable, secure, relationship will be doomed. The mind-blowing sex will be history.

As art collectors, although it never really comes out how everyone has quite so much money, it seems, in the end, their relationship isn't meant to be. Julianne knows she was right in never telling their families, though it was suspected. She's unable to get over Gerard's betrayal over an art piece that she had been wanting for a long time. He bought it and went behind her back, with Zoe - she does not like Zoe- helping him with the deal.

But, there's a bigger secret - a reason Gerard had to do what he did. A secret he's not quite willing to share.

A year later, Julianne is still under Gerard's skin - in more ways than one. He wants her back and she's constantly been in his presence at shows, buying pieces right from under him. She's become a thorn in his side he can't live with - yet cant live without.

I have to admit to having some mixed emotions about Gerard. Sometimes he was almost too creepy and demanding.

Also, if I'm being 100% honest, I have to confess, I was rooting for AJ.

My Rating:

Buy Links:



 

Link to Follow Tour: http://tastybooktours.blogspot.com/2014/03/now-booking-tasty-review-tour-for_28.html

 

Author Info

Evie Knight writes wickedly sexy contemporary romances with irresistible bad boys, sassy heroines, a bit of conflict, humor and a dash of spice. When she’s not hard at work writing, she spends her time blogging, reading, listening to music, or looking for a muse.

She lives in sunny Southern California.

Evie loves hearing from her readers. Feel free to drop her a line at evie@evie-knight.com or you can stalk her on Twitter @inlovewromance

 

Author Links


 

Rafflecopter Giveaway ($10.00 Amazon or B&N Gift Card)

 

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Excerpt

Miss Hoskins,” a deep, accented voice sounded from behind her.

She straightened and turned around, finding a man dressed in faded jeans and a gray V-neck T-shirt that hugged his fit frame perfectly. By his looks, she calculated he was about six feet two inches tall. Julianne assumed he was none other than her appointment.

A pair of jet-black eyes stared at her from the door. His face split into a smile so wicked that it was impossible to miss the dimples in his cheeks. The stranger approached her. “You’re just in time.” He offered his hand.

His spellbinding gaze held hers, and Julianne struggled to remember the reason she’d come to see him. “Julianne,” she said. Bothered her voice came out in a whisper, she cleared her throat. “I’m Julianne Hoskins and you are?” His strong hand closed around hers, and the warmth of his touch traveled up her arm.

“A.J.” He let go of her hand but his powerful stare kept her in place.

Did she hear him right? This couldn’t be possible. “A.J. as in the infamous Aidan Judd?” she asked.

“Ah, the rumors. I can assure you I’m not my father’s son, though people wish I was just as dishonorable.” His grin turned into a tight-lipped smile. “But I won’t deny I can rise to the occasion and be dishonorable sometimes.” He gestured to the visitor’s chair across his desk. “Please have a seat.”

Shit. She needed to get the hell out of here before anyone found out she crossed words with A.J., the notorious art thief. Before now, she’d only known his name but never met him or seen any pictures of him. Somehow, he always managed to escape the lens. “I-I’m sure there’s been a terrible mistake. I should go now.”

A.J. grabbed her arm. “You and I know there’s no mistake. Please have a seat, Miss Hoskins.”

The strength of his grasp and the do-as-I-say tone of his words were so powerful, the hair on the back of her neck lifted. Julianne opted for taking the seat he offered, while she willed her mind to think of ways to escape him.

He waited for her to sit down before he took the chair behind his desk. “Miss Hoskins—”

“Julianne. You can call me Julianne.” Perhaps if she tried a little friendliness she could talk her way out. Her eyes ventured to his rumpled curls, noticing they were the same hue as his eyes. A.J. was as dangerous as they came in his business dealings and looks.

“Julianne,” A.J. said. “Thank you for agreeing to meet with me.”

She agreed because she didn’t know she’d be meeting with him, with Aidan Judd, a.k.a. A.J. In an effort to calm her nerves so she could think on how to get the hell out of there, she looked downward then raised her eyes, meeting his straight on. “I’m sorry, I hear an accent. Where are you from?”

A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he eased back in his chair, propping an arm on his desk. “Spain.”

“How… Your name isn’t Spanish.”

“It doesn’t make me any less a Spaniard when I was born and raised there.”

Julianne breathed in and smiled, thinking the sooner she addressed the reason she’d come to begin with, the faster she’d walk out the door. “A.J., thanks for considering becoming a sponsor for the children’s school. The foundation greatly appreciates people like you. Do you have any specific questions I can address? If you’d like I can also arrange a visit to the school, show you around, and introduce you to the rest of the board.”

A.J. tapped his fingers on the desk. “Julianne, I’m not interested in being someone’s angel. Sorry. I’m not your kind of good.” His expression turned cold. Almost dark.

Her smile froze. “I beg your pardon?” she asked, thinking perhaps she heard wrong.

“You heard me. I’m not interested in charity cases, so I’ll say it again. I don’t have that kind of good in me.” A.J. pulled open a drawer in his desk.

No other thoughts came to mind—except Elle had lots of explaining to do. Why would Elle set her up with an art thief? What was she trying to do? Damage her reputation? Determined to get the hell out of here as fast as she could, Julianne lowered her gaze to her lap, and grabbed her handbag. “I’ll let the foundation know about the misunderstanding. I apologize for the inconvenience.” She shifted in her chair, ready to leave.

“Our meeting isn’t over yet, Julianne.” He slid a picture across his desk. “I arranged this meeting because I’m looking for this.” A.J. tapped his index finger on a picture of the same amulet she bought at the auction.

Julianne bit the inside of her cheek as hundreds of thoughts rushed through her mind. “I don’t have it anymore … I know who does.” She immediately wanted to take her words back. She’d have to hate Gérard an awful lot to set him up with a thief like A.J. and she didn’t…hate him.

His lips twitched into a predatory smile. “You don’t understand. I want the real one.”

 

{ 1 Expressions ♥... read them below or add one }

Your comments are very appreciated. Replies will be left on blog & not via personal email ♥

- Copyright © A Book, A Beer, & A Dream - Hatsune Miku - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -